- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 20g butter
- 2 ripe bananas, extra, peeled, thickly sliced
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 10 x 20cm loaf pan. Combine the flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
Combine the egg, oil, coconut cream and banana in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to gently stir until just combined.
Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the sliced banana and cook, turning occasionally, for 1-2 minutes each side or until caramelised.
Preheat grill on high. Use a serrated knife to cut the banana and coconut bread into thick slices. Toast banana bread under preheated grill. Serve toasted banana bread with extra butter and caramelised banana.
Source : taste.com.au